Sunday 14 June 2009

1986 - Doubles


Sindy 'Doubles' where released in 1986: There where 4 fashions released which could be reversed to create a new look. The catalogue pictures differ slightly from the actual released fashion.


I was lucky enough to win this removed from card fashion with my Disco Magic Sindy.
I thought my beautiful Marie would suit it the best.

The fashion is sadly quite poor in quality with no real effort (I feel) put into the design from Pedigree at the time. The pink flimsy material quite clearly shows the other pattern underneath, even on the official box photo's.
This is the reveresed side, again I don't know who picked the material but it is more a nightdress patteren to me.
My thoughts on the range are they are rushed, along with the Disco Magic range, I think Pedigree where either competing against Hasbro's Jem line or had already been taken over by Hasbro and where grooming the idea of Pop Star dolls and reversible fashions to the children at the time prior to Jems release. Barbie had been using the reversible fashion idea since 1984 with the beautiful "Twice as Nice" range (Click Here to read more about that range)

No comments:

Post a Comment